You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, and I Love You!

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, and I Love You!

I appreciate the guest post, Jamie Guy

How can anyone not love the outstanding HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS! every year? It is extremely entertaining and memorable, not to mention fun to watch.

I read once that the great Boris Karloff, who does the voice for the mean old Grinch, almost didn't get cast for the part because some thought he might make the green one too scary. Personally, I think that is so funny. The Grinch has to be scary, or there's no point to this story at all.

I love this animated special, and it is without a doubt my most favorite one to watch seasonally. I just finished watching it on Cable TV deals again, and the truth is that I watch this hour long program throughout the year.

It's not just Karloff and the animators who make How the Grinch Stole Christmas! a success. To be honest, I think it's the singer who does that deep, "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch," and all of the other lines. That has stayed with me since childhood.

All of the verses are so haunting, and they have a great beat to them. I live to hear that song sung throughout the animated show.

Second to that, I just love little Cindy Lou Who. The name in itself makes me smile. Let's give credit to that funny mutt, too. What fun he is!