One Happy Mom

One Happy Mom

Guest post written by my buddy Fidel Hernandez


As a parent I try very hard to monitor what the children watch on the
Satellite tv offers, but there is one program I don't mind them watching. After a busy morning of breakfast and getting chores started, I need the break when the kids are settled down to watch Sesame Street on PBS. I look forward to AM, not only because they enjoy their program, but they are really learning at the same time.

They enjoy Oscar, Elmo and Big Bird and I enjoy hearing the laughter and singing that comes from the family room. They learn so much from this program, giving them a little head start before they actually start the school situation. Not only do they learn the alphabet and numbers, but manners and sharing, as well. It is a wonderful show for them to watch before lunch time and then a nap. I'm thrilled that it has a positive impact on them, knowing it co-ordinates with I'm trying to teach them. I get a kick out of taking them to a store and they can point out the characters on the show and relate to the things they have observed during the show. Sesame Street has been on for years and should continue, as it is one show you don't object to youngsters watching.